Wednesday, August 18, 2010

New Dress a Day

Yahoo profiled this incredible blog yesterday.  I haven't had time to go through the archives but I am so inspired by what I've seen thus far!

Marisa Lynch challenged herself to create a new dress from an ugly one every day of the year, for only a dollar a day.  Hence, New Dress a Day was born.  She is a seriously talented seamstress!  While I'm pretty handy on a sewing machine and have repurposed some clothes here and there, Marisa takes sewing to a whole new level.  By paying attention to fabric and pattern, she is able to fashion a dress, shirt, jacket, and so on that people would pay for. Check out these before and afters.

I know the next time I go thrifting, I'll be keeping an eye out for clothes worthy of their own transformation.  Keep up the good work, Marisa!

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.